So, Dirk came to pick me up from school this week, which I know sounds lazy since I technically live on campus, but my contractions get so much worse when I exercise so I tend to avoid it. As we were leaving the HFAC we had a green light and began to go through the light. Unfortunately, a whole gaggle of pedestrians were trying to get across the street before we got there and were not making it in time. Dirk slowed down and most of the pedestrians figured out that we had a green light and walking in front of our moving car into the middle of the street was not a good idea... except one girl, who was pushing a stroller. She kept on trucking into the middle of the street. At this point it was going to be hard to avoid hitting her baby's stroller unless she stopped RIGHT NOW. Dirk honked and the girl stopped, backed up, rolled her eyes and glared at us.
Now I would like to know what she expected us to do? Slam our breaks to a halt in the middle of the intersection, maybe causing an accident with the car behind us? Swerve around her into oncoming traffic? Just so that she could cross the street 30 seconds sooner? What really irks me is her careless with her child. I understand that there are two sides to every story and its possible that she didn't see us coming and that she thought no one was coming, but honestly, you might try looking both ways before you wheel your baby out into a busy street.
Moral of the story.. look both ways before crossing the street. Maybe its true that we learn everything important in kindergarten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. I'd be a lot less annoyed with that lady if she didn't have her child with her. It's one thing to put your own life in danger, but to do that to your child?!?
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess I should just learn a lesson from her!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/apa-saja-yang-bisa-dijadikan-jaminan-dalam-kredit-dengan-agunan/
ReplyDelete